Reopening of School - September 2020
Please find below guidance and information that will aid your understanding of how school will reopen safely to all our pupils and staff as of Thursday 3rd September 2020.
Drop Off and Pick Up Arrangements:
Morning Drop Off:
1. School gates will be open from 8.30am- 8.55am for ALL pupils to arrive at school between this time. This will create a steady flow of foot traffic around the playground for the children to enter the playground and class safely.
2. Pupils and the ONE ADULT who is accompanying them must enter via the pedestrian gate on Sandy Lane.
3. Follow the path marked by cones and our running track along the playground, following the arrow signs.
4. Reception, Years 1 and 2 will follow the track around to the class gate and the children will be greeted by their teacher and move into class on their own.
5. Pupils in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will walk along the back of the football pitch and walk calmly, sensibly and socially distanced to their classroom door where they will be greeted by their teacher - where possible it is preferred that pupils in Year 5 and 6 walk in from the main gate on their own to class to reduce the number of adults on the playground.
6. Parent/carers are then asked to follow the running track around and exit through the double gates on to the school car park.
We remind parents/carers that staff cannot engage in conversation and the drop off routine needs to be quick and prompt. Please do not congregate outside of the school gates or car park. If you need to speak to a member of staff leave a message at the office and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Pick Up Arrangements:
The school gates will be open from 2.45-3.00pm for parents/carers to collect their child. This creates a 15 minute window of time to have a safe, flow of traffic on the playground following the same pick up/exit routes as the morning drop off which will allow pupils and parents/carers to exit the building and premises safely. Pupils will be ready to leave from 2.45pm but will finish off any reading or tasks whilst they wait to be collected up to 3pm. Any Year 5 or 6 pupils who walk home alone will remain in school until 3pm.