How to apply for a place at St Stephen's Catholic Primary School
St Stephen's is a Catholic School under the trusteeship of the Archdiocese of Liverpool. It is maintained by Warrington Local Authority. As a Voluntary Aided School, the Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions. The co-ordination of admissions arrangements is undertaken by the Local Authority. For the school’s year commencing September 2016, the Governing Body set its admissions number at 30. There was a total of 64 first preference applications for places for September 2016.
The governing body has set its admissions number at 30 for September 2017
Our principal role as a Catholic school is to participate in the mission of the Catholic Church by providing a framework which will help children to grow in their understanding of the Good News and in the practice of their faith. The school will help the children develop fully as human beings and prepare them to undertake their responsibilities in society. The school asks all parents applying for a place here to respect this ethos and its importance to the school community. This does not affect the rights of parents who are not of the faith of this school to apply for and be considered for a place here.
ADMISSIONS TO THE SCHOOL will be determined by the Governing Body. Parents must complete a Local Authority Preference Form or apply online via the website www.warrington.gov.uk/admissions. If you wish to have your application considered against that school's faith/denomination criteria then you should ALSO complete the Supplementary Form which is available from school. All preferences listed will be considered on an equal basis and, where there are more applications than the number of places available, the following set of OVERSUBSCRIPTION CRITERIA will be applied:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
2. Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
3. Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of St Stephen, First Martyr
4. Other baptised Catholic children.
5. Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
6. Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in the form of a Baptismal
Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
7. Children of other faiths. An appropriate Faith Leader would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
8. Other children.
- If it is not possible to offer places for all applications within any criteria above then places will be allocated to the children who live nearest to the school. The measurement shall be undertaken using the local authority’s geographical Information address point system based on the local land and property gazetteer. This measures straight line (direct) distances in miles from the address point of the permanent place of residence to the address point of the school.
The standard admissions number is 30 and the class maximum in all KS1 classes is 30.